Thursday, April 7, 2011

The Best Caesar Salad

I absolutely love a good Caesar salad. In all my travels, I tend to try it in every restaurant I go to looking for the best. I think I may have come close to mastering it. This recipe was given to my mom at the JW Marriott in Bangkok, Thailand by their chef. Of course, I don't use the proper measurements but it is very close.

The Dressing




In a food processor add 4 garlic pods, a couple Tbsp of Capers, 4 anchovies, and a hand full of fresh parsley. Pulse on high until very fine. Next I add about 1 small package of Mayo, 1 piece of cooked smoke bacon, a little black pepper, juice of 1 lemon, and then about 1 cup aged Parmesan. Blend all ingredients in the same food processor until very creamy. Removed and leave in refrigerator until ready to eat your dinner.



Parmesan Bowl

This next step is only for those that love a beautiful presentation with their foods. I call it my Parmesan bowl. Below is a short video of how to prepare it. Be sure to watch in 1080p HD so you can see my nose hairs.





Using fresh Romaine, give it a rinse with cold water. If you have a salad spinner, use it to remove the moisture from the lettuce prior to putting together your salad. I just shake it dry as I am to cheap to buy an 8$ spinner.

In a large salad bowl, add your Romaine, some dressing, fresh grated Parmesan, Croutons, and fresh cracked pepper. Mix evenly. Spoon out a good helping into each Parmesan bowl. The next step is optional, but I like to add some blackened chicken on top. Shrimp or even Salmon are great on top a Caesar. Enjoy and thank me later.

1 comment:

  1. Nice pic!:) ummmm hello that chicken looks amazing too can we please get your blackened chicken recipe!!!!! Love this post

    ReplyDelete