Tuesday, July 19, 2011

Black Bean Corn Salsa

Easy dish I learned from my sister Sally. Of course I had to change it up a bit. This is great as a side dish, a salsa with chips, or my favorite as a topping for chicken or fish.



In a large bowl add:

Handful of chopped Cilantro
1/4 yellow onion diced
Juice of 1 Lime
Can sweet white corn
Can of yellow corn
1 can Black beans
1 can Hot Rotel Tomatoes
Salt, Pepper, garlic powder
2x Avocados

Tip- Be sure to strain corn and black beans well, you can even use a paper towel to get some of the excess moisture out. Also, if you don't mind the extra work, fresh sweet corn on the cob is best to use.

*Avocados not added in the picture below as I like to add it right before eating it to preserve the freshness.

2 comments:

  1. uh hem! I believe your wifey told me mine was the best! booo ya!:) avacado smavacado

    ReplyDelete