Sunday, April 24, 2011

Bacon/Fontina/Spinach Stuffed Chicken

This dish is very tasty, and not that difficult to make. I made this recipe up by using ideas from one of my sisters recipes she gave me a couple years back. Here is a link to her cooking blog. http://80percent-sally.blogspot.com/




You will need 3 large boneless skinless chicken breast. I pounded them out and trimmed them up into a nice square shape. I then seasoned with Salt, Pepper, Garlic and Onion powder on the side I will be stuffing.




Next I spread a layer of Chive and Onion cream cheese onto the chicken. I then add a slice of Fontina cheese, cover with a slice of bacon I cooked earlier, then top with baby uncooked baby spinach leaves. I would prefer to use a stronger cheese like Blue Cheese or Goat but went with Fontina this go round. Carefully roll the chicken up nice and tight. I use 3 toothpicks to ensure the chicken stays wrapped.





I then put the 3 chicken rolls onto a olive oil greased Pyrex dish. I sprinkle a bit of Tony Chacere's on top followed by a bit of Extra Virgin Olive Oil.



Cover with aluminum foil and bake at 375F for about 45 min. Remove from oven and let sit for about 5 min uncovered. Place the chicken on a cutting board and with a sharp knife, cut into medallions. Serve and Enjoy.

4 comments:

  1. Feel free to say my name!!! You do have 3 sisters ya know!!:) haha
    Looks delish! I will be making this, mmmm love me some stuffed chicken, such a good way to glam up a simple breast!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ok! lol. I didnt specify which sister because I wasnt sure if it was you or Jill that gave it to me. hehe

    ReplyDelete
  3. April 24th!!! We want more Post! Maybe you could do a write up on your squash problems or rig evacuations! Pics pics pics! Purses Purses Purses!:)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Benjamin, I got your blog from watching a video about an offshore rig on youtube.

    I'm looking for people who write a bit about the oil industry, or make films - similar to the one I saw of yours.

    I was curious to get in contact with you. If you could e-mail me at J.ridge@oilandgastown.com I'd appreciate it.

    come check out www.oilandgastown.com - We're totally brand new - but looking to rally a mini oil sub-culture of bloggers

    ReplyDelete